The plants are on fire?

Picture belongs to SGEHagelstein on Flickr.
Around 2:00am today, just about when I was about to knock out I heard a sirens and didn't think much of them because its kinda normal for sirens to echo around here and sound a lot closer than they actually are but this time it was different. I saw blue lights flashing in the living room so I decided to take a peak outside. I saw that there was not one but two firetrucks outside!

Earlier in the afternoon when Beatriz and I had returned from our exchange program's orientation we saw my next door neighbor's plants burning. See those plants with the pots hanging from the window? Yeah, those plants were burning. I thought it was probably just a cigar he threw outside or something minor that was making the plants burn a bit so I went to Carrefour to get some stuff thinking it was just going to die down by the time I came back but when we came back a couple of my neighbors were freaking out and desperately trying to get my next door neighbor to answer his door- no luck though. In the evening the guy living right below my next door neighbor came up to ask if it was our window and then tried knocking on my neighbor's door and no answer yet again.

At 2am I had the three firefighters come up and knock on my door. I have to admit I got a little freaked out and assumed it had gotten real bad but luckily it didn't get too bad before they completely set the fire out. Now as for my missing neighbor, I have no idea about his whereabouts but at least his plants aren't burning anymore and my apartment no longer smells bad.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award from A Taste of Garlic!

    http://www.atasteofgarlic.com/that-was-the-week/that-was-the-week-61/

    (Incase you didn't see it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura: No, I hadn't seen it! Thank you so much for letting me know. :D

    ReplyDelete