USA vs. France: Concert Edition

Venue: La Cigale
Artist: SebastiAn, member of the Ed Rec crew performing at Festival Les Inrocks

I'd like to think of myself as a concert connoisseur since I've been to my fair share of concerts in the Los Angeles and San Diego areas, but here in France I noticed that they do things a little different.

For starters there was no one in the front checking bags or making sure that your camera was not a digital SLR! Which I found crazy because back in the States that's the first thing they check for. Another thing that instantly stood out was the fact that there wasn't a crazy amount of people on the floor trying to get a good spot in the front, in fact people were just lounging around waiting for the next act to go on. The crowd just like the crowd at the Social Club was very mixed- there were older people, young adults, and even a couple of kids roaming around the venue.

Probably the thing that stood out to me the most was the lack of security. I'm so used to seeing security (mostly Elite security members with their red jackets) everywhere in the venue but mostly in the front to control rowdy fans. Even when a girl jumped on the stage during SebastiAn's set security calmly went on stage and took her away which is extremely different from what I've seen back in San Diego and Los Angeles.

The crowd itself was pretty tough, I don't know whether it was the fact that it was a Parisian crown, a mixed crowd, or because it was a festival-like show but they were tough often not clapping or showing any emotions. Once SebastiAn hit the stage everything was good but compared to American crowds, the French are a lot more calmer and tamed.

As for the concert itself, SebastiAn was amazing, he surpassed my expectations. If you do get the chance go and see him, you seriously won't regret it AT ALL! 

Next concert lined up: St. Vincent!

For more videos click here.

Look who I met after the show- KAVINSKY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment