New and Old Paris

La Grande Arche
Yesterday afternoon I spent the day in what I'd like to refer as new Paris- La Défense. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love old Paris, the historic buildings, and the people taking a stroll in the afternoon but I also appreciate new and modern buildings. One of the things that stands out the most at La Défense is of course La Grande Arche which was breathtaking- it was big, clean, and very modern and the fact that you can see the Arc de Triomphe in the distance perfectly demonstrates the two contrasting sides of Paris. There are various sculptures and two malls in that area, all which again are very modern. I really enjoyed spending a couple of hours in that area and getting to see modern Paris.


L'Arc de Triomphe in the distance
Today since I didn't have much energy to go out Beatriz and I decided to explore the area we live in and what we discovered was pretty cool if I may say so. During our walk I felt that I was in at least 2 other cities, it was remarkable how drastic the architectural styles would change from street to street. Some of the buildings we walked by looked like something straight out of a fairy tale- a charming little house made of red bricks, town houses painted in pastel colors, and tons of flowers. Today's walk and yesterday's trip made me fall in love with Paris even more. Although I'm at the point that I'm getting used to waking up in Paris, its moments like these that make me say "I'm extremely lucky to be living here."


This house looks like something out of a fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment