Study Abroad Identity Crisis Update

It's been 13 days since I first wrote about going through the identity crisis and I'm happy to report that I'm not going through this anymore. I no longer feel lost and I'm beginning to enjoy my summer. Of course I still miss Paris but it is no longer holding me back from enjoying my life.


I isolated myself to focus on figuring out what exactly was bothering me and being a music lover that I am, I listened to a lot of music to get me through this. I've also been hanging out with friends and talking to the ones who have studied abroad about reverse culture shock and feeling lost. The three things that I recommend a study abroad student to do if they're going through the study abroad identity crisis are:
  1. Don't rush transitioning back to life back home.
  2. Share your feeling by either talking to someone or writing them down on a journal or blog.
  3. Don't be afraid to press the reset button to start a new chapter in your life.
I am very thankful to be surrounded by very positive people who are willing to be patient and helpful. And I'm also thankful to have my great blog readers. Since I know that some are preparing themselves to go study abroad soon, I will continue to provide students with tips and advice to make your experience go a lot smoother as well as make it more enjoyable.

A blog reader shared an article she wrote titled "5 Reasons Family and Friends Don't Understand Your Reverse Culture Shock" which I found to be extremely accurate. I recommend everyone to read this to either understand a reverse culture shock or realize that you are not alone.

Hope you're all doing well and if you want more updates feel free to follow me on Instagram.

My Instagram username is Neuzeth just like on Twitter.
Bon week-end mes amis !

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I believe that this will work - "Share your feeling by either talking to someone or writing them down on a journal or blog." I am planning to write everything when i get the chance to study art in italy

    ReplyDelete